I recently obtained 4 chairs from a local thrift shop. Nothing fancy, but they match my not-so-fancy table. The cushion covers, as you can see, are not so great either. But, with a family including little ones, a not-so-fancy table with not-so-great chairs are just fine, for now.
Well, cut to a few months later with a squirmy five year old and downright wacky almost-two-year old who likes to eat yogurt with her fingers...the not-so-great chairs are downright nasty.
Hello, day shopping alone in Denver (happy b-day to me) and coming across a fabric store I had dreamed of visiting. Hello, stumbling across a corner bin containing Anna Maria Horner's Little Folks Forest Hills Oil Cloth. Hello, brain engaged enough from having a shopping day to myself that I actually could think of the project I had been meaning to do...with this particular oil cloth! Hello, beautiful, fun, funky, toddler-proof new chairs!
Soon to be finished this weekend. Excited about getting it all done!
I have a project list, and it's slowly getting crossed off. Loving that.
~ Jenny
this is beautiful! i love how fabrics can transform the old into new & give it a whole new look.
ReplyDeleteOur old set of chairs are almost idential to your before- a 2 year old and 4 year old here. We just got a new set at christmas but the little ones booster is still on an old one and we're keeping the others for extra chairs I was thinking of doing the exact same thing because they are so gross- I was pretty embarassed when anyone would come over and sit on one before.
ReplyDeleteGreat work!
Jill
doncha just love oilcloth! those are so stinkin' cute!
ReplyDeletejust found your blog through Made By Rae Spring Tops on flickr...love it!
ReplyDeleteand what a great idea for your chairs!